Friday, April 16, 2010

Volcanic ash Part II

Some days are different compared to others.
This bright and sunny morning, without any kind of visual ashes, I drove my wife to work in Malmö. Usually she takes the bus, but I had important business in the City, approx. 30 kilometers from home.


Considering current circumstances (ccc :o), with cancelled flights all over the World, I decided to get first hand information. Global media are now reporting of, not only cancelled flights, but also fully booked trains, buses, hire cars, taxis and hotels. I just had to check for myself.

And - I should have known! Media is always delivering accurate information...

Crowded bus station...

Crowded train station...

A very busy Tourism Office...

One Danish (!) taxi...

I finished my business in town and went for IKEA. The ultimate place for dramatic events. Quite right, there were lots of people, nobody in the lavatories though.
No wonder. How would any guy in the left seat ever reach the toilet paper in a fully occupied situation...?

After this exiting day, I finally went home to check on our very local airport.
Just to find out that it was closed!

What a day! Hope it´s getting better tomorrow...

1 comment: