Friday, May 29, 2009

Jersey...

Late in the evening of November 2nd 1986 I arrived in Jersey, Channel Islands, for the first time. It was dark and rainy. Inspite of the darkness and the rain my first impression was
WOW...!

Jersey Tourism had invited me to stay at The Grand Hotel. Where the Queen of England usually stays during her, not so frequent, visits to the Island. Day after of my arrival one of my future business colleauges took me to lunch at Restaurant De La Poste in St. Helier. When we got there i thought: Small entrance, narrow stairs, one floor up. Suspicious! I was completely wrong... Excellent food and service. Today this restaurant is owned by my friend Carlo, who at that time worked as head waiter at La Capannina. Another top restaurant in the Island.


It´s been a while since Jersey. Ten years to be exact. But - every year I try to give Carlo a call before Christmas or New Years Eve. This year will hopefully be the 23rd time...

The picture shows one of the beautiful beaches of Jersey, Beauport Bay. Probably I will return to the Island and other subjects very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment